I can hardly believe we are halfway through the year! July is blazing along, so it is time to set some goals for the next three months:
- Farmer’s Wife blocks: I’ve had a bit of unexpected time to work on hand-sewing, so I’ve been piecing FW blocks. I cannot imagine doing all 111 this way, so I would like to figure out what to do with the ones I have, especially since, despite flaws, they are coming out so strikingly!
- Ghost Bunny purse: I typically begin new eras in life with a new tote bag or purse. This time I want to use a favorite fabric – “Ghost Bunnies” from Cotton & Steel. I am adding some kantha-style stitches to give it more personality, and the bold magenta will be an accent.
- X-Plus Quilt: I have about 23 of 70 blocks pieced at present, but the rest are sewn together in stages and ready for finishing. I would love to completely finish this quilt this quarter! It is a big task, but I would rather aim high.
- Soaking Quilt: I have one more soaking quilt ready for basting, quilting and binding. I would love to finish it this quarter!
- Color Punch II: This is another quilt (not pictured) all ready for completion. I just need some floor space and motivation to crawl around on all fours to get it basted!
- Long-armed quilts: I have a throw-sized quilt and my Tula Pink City Sampler still in the keeping of my long-armer friend. Whenever we can get our schedules worked out, I will get them from her and bind them. This third quarter ought to provide me plenty of time, right?
- Baby Sleep Sack: speaking of time, I only have a little bit more before my baby arrives! I checked out Anna Maria Horner’s book “Handmade Beginnings” from the library and decided to make a modified version of her newborn sleep sack. I have all the components cut out, but I need to finish piecing scraps for the front. This project takes priority as Baby is coming soon!
Does giving birth count as a completion? If so, I will definitely add that to my list. It is a goal I am sure to accomplish this quarter – and hopefully within a month! I have plenty of little bits of baby sewing I have not blogged, but once I have the proper model, you can expect to see all of it!
Linking up with the 2015 Finish-Along!