Let’s make this short and sweet since there is no telling how long the 7-week-old little squish will stay asleep!
My sewing / yarn goals until the end of the year are as follows:
- Make stockings for new family members to match those my Great Granny made
- Make a hat to fit my little man’s big noggin (knit, most likely)
- Finish the “Post Partum Quilt” I began in the first few weeks of motherhood as an attempt to hang onto myself in the maelstrom of delivery and first-baby-dom
In addition, I have some holdovers from past quarters:
- Black and white Farmers Wife block baby quilt
- Color Punch II quilt (I have the top, back, and binding ready)
- Dresden soaking quilt (ready for basting)
- Ex-Plus quilt (still working on blocks)
I still have to figure out Christmas makes for this year, and I have an idea for table runners I might attempt. Last year was our first married Christmas together, so we chose a “paper” theme. If we follow the transitional anniversaries, this year will be “cotton”, so I’ll make our general Christmas decor part of my list of goals, too!
Have you ever seen a newborn’s startle reflex in a sling? I just did, and I am marveling he is still asleep! Woo hoo! Maybe I can be a mom-who-blogs after all!
Linking up with the 2015 Finish-A-Long!